ATO Data Matching – Visa Holders, Sponsors & Migration Agents
The Commissioner for Taxation has gazetted a Notice of a Data Matching Program for visa holders. Gazette Notice of Data Matching Program – Immigration Visa Holders Gazette – C2015G01255 will allow the ATO to acquire the names, addresses and other details of visa holders, their sponsors and their migration agents for the 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 financial years from the Department.
Information will be collected from an estimated 1 million visa holders and include:
- Address history for visa applicants and sponsors
- Contact history for visa applicants and sponsors
- All visa grants
- Visa grant status by point in time
- Migration agents (visa application preparer who assisted or facilitated the processing of the visa)
- Address history for migration agents
- Contact history for migration agents
- All international travel movements undertaken by visa holders (arrivals and departures)
- Sponsor details (457 visa)
- Education providers (educational institution where the student visa holder intends to undertake their study)
- Visa subclass name.
This information will used to improve the integrity of visa program and compliance overall, reduce immigration fraud and assist in developing strategies to address effective operation and compliance.
Source: MIA & ATO
Leave a Reply